5.24.2011

Goodbye, hello...



















Don't be dismayed at good-byes.  A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.  
And, meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends. 
--- Richard Bach ---


Okay - I am back (both literally and figuratively)!  It has been exactly one month to the day since I've been back on land, and I'm also back in this online space to sharing my thoughts and inspirations.  It's been a whirlwind of a year so far, or should I say a "world-wind".  I just returned from the most amazing and humbling experience of circumnavigating the globe as a staff member on a program called Semester at Sea.  Seeing so many different countries, people, cultures, and foods was extremely inspiring.  Meeting and working with a team of open-minded, motivated, and hilarious people was equally inspiring.  In my hopes to remain inspired, I'm returning to one of my favorite pastimes: being inspired by quotes.  I realize that everyday can't quite be an exciting new adventure in a different land, but we can always use a little inspiration.  This quote in particular resonates with the experience of saying goodbye to an amazing experience and what it means to have new lifelong friends.