1.12.2012

Travel imparts new vigor...

Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind.
--- Seneca ---

EXTRA EDITION!  I couldn't resist posting another quote this week because... exactly one year ago today, I, along with some of the most important people in my life as well as 100s of students and other new friends, set sail from Nassau to embark upon a journey that brought more life-changing experiences than I ever could have imagined were possible in one voyage. (here's a glimpse of the spirit of the voyage).  One of the things I love most about travel in general is the anticipation -- the knowing that my mind is about to be stretched, my heart about to be touched, my will about to be tested, and my body about to be physically in a new place with different sights, sounds, and smells.  A year ago today I felt that anticipation, and looking back and reflecting still is an exhilarating experience.  I feel like I am still processing and learning from the trips, stories, experiences, and the people that I met.  Having friends (new and old) and loved ones to share that journey with and to re-live those amazing moments was an added bonus for which I am SO thankful.  

I originally saw this quote in a travel magazine years ago - and it has always stuck with me.  I actually cut it out and put it on a collage that I made.  It's been a blessing to be able to have such incredible experiences in life, but it's even more of a blessing to remember that wherever we go - whether near or far - we always have the ability to learn and see things differently.