4.02.2012

When I let go...

When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.
--- Lao Tzu --

This is such a great reminder to put our energy towards what it is we want to see and who it is we want to be in life.  Rather than carrying around old habits and baggage, we get to choose who we want to be and how we want to show up.  This can be in the form of drastic changes or subtle shifts in your choices of focus.  We all have the ability to make choices that allow us to become more of who we are and who we want to be.  Sometimes that includes letting go of the 'ego' and how we identify with titles, positions, statures, achievements, etc.  We can be proud of what we've accomplished in life, but if these identifications inhibit us from breaking free and choosing a new path that our souls know is where we want to be, I think it's safe to let it go and allow yourself to grow.