10.05.2011

We love because...

We love because it is the only true adventure.
--- Nikki Giovanni ---

Wow!!!! It's just days before what they call the 'big day' for me and my significant other, and I am overwhelmed with excitement, love, admiration, hope, and happiness.  Today kicks off the festivities with family coming into town for dinner, and I can't help but feeling blessed about everything.  While I'm not going to sensationalize and say that every step of the planning was picture perfect (although it was pretty close :), the little blips are just that - blips - in comparison to the fact that I found someone who I am SO thrilled to share life's ups/downs, hopes, and dreams with.  We recently completed a big adventure in life earlier this year, by circumnagivating the globe together on a floating university program called, Semester at Sea, and this quote sings to me not only for the reference to adventure - but for the connection and feeling of love - between friends, family, lovers, strangers in a foreign land, and all others - that really provides us with life's most treasured moments.  I am bursting with excitement, and cannot wait for the big day.  Let the countdown begin!